Welcome to the last stop on the LSB Blog tour! You should have come from:
If you are just joining the tour we started at:
It’s no wonder we have global warming…have you seen the hotties heating up these blogs?
As you know the books being given away by the LSB Authors are all E-books. E-books are environmentally friendly in that besides paper far less resources are used. Here are just a few:
1) Less Gas – you don’t drive to pick up a book and a book isn’t delivered via vehicle to you (either to your home or a bookstore)
2) Less Waste – E-Books that are not sold are not “Stripped” and sent back to the publisher…they don’t sit in warehouse waiting to be sold.
3) Less Space – An e-reader or a device you already own (PDA, Cell Phone, I-Pod, MP3 Player, even your computer) can store multiple books and are always easy to find. When was the last time you hunted for that treasured paperback. For me that was last Wednesday.
4) Less time – The E-market doesn’t require a certain number of words or pages to justify print costs. So you can find shorter stories that would not otherwise exist. Only have an hour to read, it’s easy to find one, in fact Fictionwise usually displays on their sale site how long a book takes to read.
5) Less money – Since a book takes less time to read, They can cost less. It’s not difficult to find an e-book under $5.00.
Does this mean our precious paperbacks will go away? Not necessarily. I think of it as more opportunities for a reader. Not too mention finding a genre that is unavailable in bookstores. Remember when Westerns went out. No problem finding them in ebooks. Whether you like it spicy and hot or sweet and romantic…you can find an e-publisher selling it.
So don’t forget to leave a comment and do your part and save our valuable resources. I mean with all the Hottie Global Warming we have to do something, right?