Today is my last work day. I will be leaving my M-F job of 21 years due to downsizing. So here are 13 things I’m looking forward to:
- Sleeping in I get to sleep in another hour.
- No commute I won’t have to drive 45 mins each way. 🙂
- No Month-ends. Once a month my regular work hours were extended the last two days of the month in a rush to get everything put into our software system – SAP.
- No SAP – If you’ve ever worked in this system you know what a nightmare it can be if things aren’t done right.
- Writing whenever I want. I can write from my home office rather than sneaking in writing before work, after work and over lunch.
- Weekends – I won’t have to write on the weekends unless I want to because I’ll get to write during the week.
- Middle of the week errands – I can have lunch with a girlfriend mid-week or do the grocery shopping and now how timely Christmas shopping.
- Baking – I get to bone up on my baking skills.
- Sewing – Ditto baking but with sewing.
- Teaching – I’ve been planning to take on more teaching projects since I can do them during the week.
- Time with my family – Since I don’t have to work during the week and my husband has a non-traditional job we can spend more time together – hanging out, brewing beer and he can sample all my baking projects.
- Less stress – No more customer complaints, no work drama.
- Gym time – There’s not really any excuse not to get to the gym.
Those are the 13 things I’m looking forward to. Overall losing my job will force me to write full-time and I think that can only be a good thing as long as I stay positive.